Latest Solder Free Mod Chips !

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How do you teach a puppy to stop unnecessary barking?


My friend and I just got a miniature pinscher puppy and she is barking so much when we leave, that the neighbors have been complaining. The puppy tends to bark when we leaveswhich I know is completely normal. What would be the best way to train a puppy to not bark so much without having to to take her to a trainer?
Bookmark and Share
She's got separation anxiety and also boredom.. I solved the problem by doing various things:
Had a radio outside turned on to give the sense that someone was home still
Didn't make a fuss when I was leaving and didn't go straight out to him when I got home
Gave him plenty of toys to play with and also a raw hide chew when I left in order to keep him occupied while I was leaving.
Try to leave your tv on when you leave so she will hear voices and not feel so alone. Explain to your neighbors that you are sorry but you need time to train her. Maybe you can pretend to leave and stand outside the door, when she starts to bark come back in and say no no. She will catch on in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment